There is so little published work about the pottery of Charlotte Rhead with the exception of the books by Bernard Bumpus.
This site is maintained as a hobby for my benefit and anyone who is interested in the subject of her work at AG Richardson (Crown Ducal).
Please email if:
- You find any errors
- Have pictures of rarer items to display on the site
- Any helpful comments
Many thanks to those who have contacted me since I posted the email address. However a few points before you email.
- Please only communicate about topics relevent to this site i.e.Charlotte Rhead and Crown Ducal.
- Please DO NOT ASK FOR VALUATIONS. There is plenty of information on ebay and auction house sites where you can see what price items may sell for. I don’t like to be rude so if this is the point of your
question then your email will probably be ignored.
- If you would like help identifying a piece, please email two pictures one of the item and one clearly showing all the base markings. This applies only to Crown Ducal items.
- Please do not send pictures of items backstamped Woods, Burleigh, Bursley or Bursleyware or any of the other other companies that Charlotte worked for - I can’t help you with these. Best get a copy of the Bumpus
book “Collecting Rhead Pottery - always loads of copies for sale through bookfinder.com or ebay.